"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view
-until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." -Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird

Monday, November 15, 2010

I love scrapbooking!


I admit it.  I am a nerdy scrapbooker.  I can't help it.  I love pictures, decorative paper and telling stories. Many people are surprised to know this about me.  I received more than a few wide eyed looks when I recently told people I was going to a scrapbook convention (One neighbor still thinks it's a cover for some illicit activity- I can only imagine what is going through his mind). I also discovered there are more people like me out there than I thought.  Closet scrappers, seriously many of them scrap in a closet.  It's a practical use of space, really.  Recently, I came out of the closet, literally, when we moved to a house where I have my very own scrapbook room.  Perfect, right?!?!  I know you are jealous.  I have been here a year and still very little has been created in my spacious scrap room.  It is sad really.  The truth is, it's not space I need, it's time. 

As the youngest in my family, the only photo album I have from childhood was made by my very thoughtful older sister. I am determined that will not be the fate of my children.   My plan is not to miss a memory, so that my kids will be able to look back at their scrapbooks and relive every memory with fondness.  I know this is what June Cleaver did, I just know it!

However, living life is getting in the way of scrapping life, and I'm a few years, behind.  I have some absolutely stunning albums, really.  Someday when the kids are in college and I have all this time on my hands as a stay at home empty nester, I will get back to creating those gorgeous pages.  For now, I think I will blog.  Oh, I haven't abandoned scrapping altogether.  I just won't feel as guilty about being behind in the picture part if I have the story part down somewhere.    

And mom, I now know why I don't have any sort of baby book/scrapbook or whatever you called it back then, and I am sorry I gave you a hard time about it.  The pictures you can't find, however, I am still a little disgruntled over that.  Keep looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment